Modern Terminals Limited planned to increase the lift height of four 2005 ZPMC STS container cranes from 42.5 m to 48 m. They planned to increase the booms of three cranes from an outreach of 62.5 m to 65 m, and one crane from 62.5 m to 63 m. This work is to accommodate larger vessels calling at their terminal in Kwai Chung.
Liftech provided pre-award structural engineering services including preparing technical specifications, analyzing the structure, calculating wheel and tie-down loads, preparing modification concept drawings, and reviewing technical aspects of the tender documents.
Post-award services included:
- Reviewing the contractor’s design documents and fabrication drawings
- Performing independent finite element analysis and design review of the crane structure integrity for the raise and boom extension scheme
- Analyzing the structural adequacy of the jacking system and reviewing the jacking procedure
- Reviewing the design and providing design assistance for the boom extension platform
- Providing construction support and fabrication review
Modern Terminals Limited