Modern Terminals Limited planned to increase the lift height of six 2005 Noell STS cranes from 44 m to 50 m. They planned to increase the lift height of another two 2005 Noell STS cranes from 41 m to 48 m and extend the booms from an outreach of 61 m to 65 m. This work is to accommodate larger vessels calling at their T9 terminal.
Liftech provided pre-award structural engineering services including technical specifications, structural analyses, modification design for the 48-m lift height and the 50-m lift height geometries, tie-down modification design for the 50-m lift height geometry, and tender document technical evaluations.
Post-award services included:
- Reviewing the contractor’s design documents and fabrication drawings
- Performing independent finite element analysis and design review of the crane structure integrity for the raise and boom extension scheme
- Analyzing the structural adequacy of the jacking system and reviewing the jacking procedure
- Reviewing the design and providing design assistance for the boom extension platform
- Providing construction support and fabrication review
Modern Terminals Limited